Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nearly at PCI!!

Hi everyone,

Well it's looking like our house will hopefully be ready for PCI at the end of Oct or maybe even be earlier than I thought! According to contract our house is meant to be handed over by the end of Oct. All is going to plan!

Yesterday I spoke to my wonderful SS who I will no longer be dealing with :-( He has been absolutely wonderful & feel very lucky that most of our build has gone very smoothly. No real big issues with house only prior with site!! Thanks SS, can't mention name due to legal reasons. But I know he is still Supervising houses in the north area! Hold onto him PD.

Our house has now been given to a construction manager prior to settlement! My husband will be meeting him Monday morning to go thru house & set an actual PCI date. I'm speculating that we will most likely move in mid nov! I have also organized for a final independent inspection for next Friday morning!

On a happy note when I drove by last night I saw that our carpet has started to be laid! And tonight i could see thru the master bedroom that my shelving/ robes had been fitted! Site has been cleaned around the house too :-)

Left to be done:
- portico render to be painted, garage plaster roof to be painted & above garage door.
- electrical fit offs
- floating timber floor to most of downstairs
- mirrors & basins in bathrooms & powder rm? Can't see upstairs! Same with toilets?
- kitchen handles changed to correct ones chosen.
- paint touch ups.
- door fittings - handles

See pic below of carpet! Looks darker than I remember but am happy with my choice.


2 comments:

  1. Oh mel it's looking great! So exciting that we are nearly at the end of the build journey! You've clarified something for us about the construction manager handover.
    Our carpets haven't gone in yet,the guys haven't done a proper sweep through but hopefully within the next couple of days this should be done. I love the colour of your carpet and the detail. i tried to twist rob's arm on the patterned carpet but didn't win that battle...haha...looking forward to the furnishing of the place? cheers, mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel

    Your house is looking great. Your journey is almost complete :-)

    I heard that PD is closing the northern office and most will be made redundant. We have spoken and dealt with a Construction Manager (when we were between SS's) and had a great experience. He was helpfully and helped with the issues we were having at the time.

    Gary.

    ReplyDelete